The Mirror

The Student News Site of Merrillville High School

The Mirror

The Mirror

A different perspective of love

Finding love just like an ordinary person, these people on the spectrum are looking for the right person to become the love of their life. Cian O’Clery created this show after encountering shows about people who have different types of disabilities.

With season one dropping May 18, 2022, this show followed many adults from the age range of twenty to find them love. This season informed the fans of the characters about interest and how to connect with people. Struggling to find somebody and hold a conversation with someone similar to them, Kendall came and helped these characters break down what they love to do. 

Each character expresses how much they really want to get married or simply just find someone they can connect with. Abby who is going on her first date with David shares common things together. Although they were nervous,  they instantly clicked without letting neither of their disabilities affect their date. 

Netflix also proposes characters such as Dani and Solomon. Both characters share something in common by working and pursuing a career while working with people who have disabilities. Dani feels that Solomon is the one and is in love during their first blind date. 

As season one comes to an end Abby and David have significantly become close. 

Brand new characters and returning faces season two recently returned last month. 

Dani, who was previewed on season one, ended up single and still is trying to find the one right for her. She is looking forward to someone who has their life together and respects her and her boundaries. Season two progresses and we see the reunion with Dani and Adan as they romantically share a kiss and become a pair. 

Love, confusion, and happiness this show amplifies the different angles of people on the spectrum. Worth watching, it has a total of two seasons and more than 10 episodes.