The Mirror

The Student News Site of Merrillville High School

The Mirror

The Mirror

Swifties race to theaters for new concert movie

Taylor Swift made headlines this summer with her Eras concert tour having over 146 shows over five continents in 29 weeks. Swift broke records bringing in millions on just one night of the show with average ticket sale price being $445. Swift had many supporters come out to watch her perform from all over the world. According to CNN, an average of 72,459 fans came to each show. 

While the Eras tour may be coming to a close, Swift’s supporters have the opportunity to relive this experience in theaters. Last Friday,  Swift released a almost three-hour movie about her tour. Ticket pre-sales for the movie began Aug. 31st, and earned $26 million on the first day of sales. 

The movie earned over $96 million in the United States and Canada in its opening weekend, making it the highest-grossest story. That makes it the highest grossing concert film domestically for an opening weekend, according to AMC.

The movie is anticipated by Swifties to be a fan favorite that some may even call a work of art. Fans should expect a concert-like experience, with an emotional and heartwarming show that will surely captivate attention. It is definitely possible that this will be the next big hit since “Barbie”.

Swift not only has been making millions off the tour itself, but has also been able to increase the city revenue. Hotels during the time of her concert increased revenue by 4 percent while she was in town according to The Real Deal: Real Estate News. The United States Economy rose by 5.7 million dollars because of the Eras Tour according to The Washington Post. 

While making revenue rise, Swift also made the love meter hit a high with her new relationship with Travis Kelce. Kelce, a tight end who plays for the Kansas City Chiefs, made his debut with the pop star this fall. This sparked Swifties to begin to share love to Kelce and bring support to games. 

Even if you’re not a die-hard Swiftie it’s no doubt these headlines have been capturing your attention. Check out the Eras Tour Movie before it’s too late.