The Mirror

The Student News Site of Merrillville High School

The Mirror

The Mirror

Arianators praise Eternal Sunshine

Ariana Grande has finally released her highly anticipated seventh studio album, which has already reached No. 1 on the Billboard 200. However, the album has been surrounded by controversy, particularly regarding her relationship with co-star Ethan Slater during the filming of ‘WICKED’, as well as the events that unfolded behind the scenes of her previous marriage with Dalton Gomez.

“I love her new album. I think it shows off her talent that she’s been hiding for a long time,”said Kiera King. “While her latest albums they’ve been good, this one is really, really good.”

Ariana Grande has candidly expressed that her latest album holds immense personal significance. Describing it as a “blend of vulnerability and entertainment,” the album draws inspiration from her own life experiences.

“I feel like we don’t need to go into any specifics but of course there’s an insatiable frustration, inexplicable hellish feeling with watching people misunderstand the people you love and understand anything,” said the 30-year old pop star.

This album is an absolute must-listen. It is undeniably her most heartfelt work to date. Through this album, she invites us into a world and a different state of mind, shedding light not only on the true nature of her relationship with Dalton Gomez but also hinting at the presence of another person in his life while she was in London filming the two-part movie ‘WICKED,’ which was inspired by the renowned Broadway production adapted from the 1995 book by Gregory Maguire. The genre of the album beautifully blends R&B and Pop, and it masterfully captures the profound emotions of heartbreak, taking us on a journey through the various stages of grief within a relationship.